A sensor is a device that detect and responds to some type input from the physical environment. The specific output could be light, motion, heat, moisture, pressure or any one of a great number of other environmental phenomena. The output is generally a signal that is converted to human readable display at the sensor location or transmitted electronically over a network for reading or further processing. Sensors play an ever more important role in medical technology with the aim of making medical devices even more effective and safer, while simplifying their operation. Today medical devices rely on sensors to aid in accurate monitoring, diagnosis and treatment. Sensors used in medical applications will emit a signal that can be read at the point of determination or transferred by wire or wireless transmission to remote location. In Medical World, there is a broadening intersection between Information Technology and Biotechnology and increasingly the role of sensors, signal transducers etc. Some examples of new generation medical sensors indicate new roles that these devices will have many areas of health care are;
- A subcutaneous system for the continuous monitoring and recording of tissue glucose concentration in diabetic patient has just been approved in the United States.
- One glucose sensor that looks like a watch sits on the skin and produces small electrical shocks which open up pores. So that fluid can be extracted to monitor tissue glucose concentration.
- The next generation of cardiac pacemaker will become smart by receiving readings from various places in the body such as oxygen saturation in the blood and cardiac wall pressure.
- An Australian team has developed lightly stable and sensitive biosensors, which operates by switching the ion channels in a lipid membrane. When activated, biological receptors such as Antibodies and DNA convert a chemical event into an electrical signal. One team reports it could measure the increase in sugar content of dropping one sugar cube into Sydney harbor.
- These all inventions helped so much in the medical field. Sensors improved the quality of medicine, diagnosis and operations. In the future sensors are going to help allot not only in medical but in every field.
Scientists use a 3D printer to make lithium-ion micro batteries. Basically, all the batteries have same structure such as having anode, cathode and electrolyte. Batteries are constructed by tiny electrodes,...more
World Wide Web Worm was the first search engine which was developed by Oliver McBryan from the University of Colorado in March 1994. This was not so popular because at the time...more
As we know SQL relational databases basically deals with structured data, like phone numbers, while NoSQL deals well with unstructured data like social media. In todays world mostly companies and authorities are less...more
As the technology is advancing so the size of data sets in every field is growing exponentially which is helping the experts to have better data analysis. This will reduce the cost and...more
The phrase art is for art sake condenses the notion that art has its own value should be judged apart from any themes which might touch on such as morality religion history or politics. I really hope to inspire you that are the role of art play in the society? We can’t declare the importance of the art and can’t...more
Fast Track for Transport Innovation for Web of Things will let our transportation systems, our highways, even our warships, connect. Smarter highways can result in lanes that could adapt to traffic flow or...more
Digital era or digital age is the era that we are living in, is indicated by extreme socio-economic progress on the scale that is same as that of the Industrial...more
Ambient media has emerged as a new form of media that revolves around the natural surroundings of the people. Ambient media relates to the daily life, activities and environment and generates new ways...more
Drones are flying machines who are able to record video as well as the sound by staying on the air, which is the new technology we are talking about .Now i am...more
Introduction of micro sensor of microbiology is the working and future aspect of micro sensors for microbiology how it is working? Which material is required? How much energy consumed to...more
The instant court drones are still a concept and not something that exists in reality till now. The instant drone concept refers to that the use of drones by the...more
As the thought behind molecular communication is that you utilize synthetic signs, what I anticipate similarly as the fate of sub-atomic correspondence is worried that as in different frameworks where small scale advances...more